Monday, March 26, 2012

Finding Our New Normal

Now we are faced with the challenge of finding a new normal.  You see, nothing is the same.  Our life was on a path when we found out we were having a baby.  We changed then.  We started getting ready for this new adventure in our lives.  There is no going back to the way we were before Easton and we aren't on the same path as we were when we found out we were having a baby.  Nothing prepares you for this.  We had planned on bringing him home, on being up for sleepless nights with a fussy baby and feedings.  Changing diapers and learning how to breastfeed.  Christenings and Babysitters.  Not funerals and headstones.  Planned on kissing him a million times over and whispering how much we love him.  Not praying to god that his soul is resting and that he can hear us telling him we love him and praying to him. 

So now we are here.. the parents of an Angel.  An angel that mad us realize so many things in life.    One that will remind me never to take for granted anything in my life.  Easton is in our hearts forever. I've been fortunate to cross paths with a few people that share there stories with me.  I've never been one to open up to strangers in that way.  They are so inspirational, I'm not sure I can be one of these people.  They are beautiful people and maybe some day I'll be strong enough to share like they do. 

I pray for those that are going through this.  I pray for me and my husband that we can heal. 

I heard this today on the movie Shawshank Redemption and it's appropriate..


Hope is a good thing, maybe the best thing and no good thing ever dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment